The Crown by Kiera CassMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
When I first realized that The Heir essentially fast forwards 20 years and centers on Eadlyn, the daughter of America and Maxon, I was unsure if I would like this. But essentially, I enjoyed The Selection series and highly recommend it to readers who are looking for a mix of Romance and Dystopian, 2 genres that don't often mix. Though, I would say that the the book is light on Dystopia even if it is ever-present.
The Heir and The Crown combined do have a bit of twists and turns, because readers are kept guessing which way Eadlyn will actually go. Though there are essentially hints to how the romance will conclude and who Eadlyn will eventually pick, there are enough red herrings to leave readers pleasantly surprised.
All in all, I'm glad I delved into this series.
View all my reviews
#1 The Selection
#2 The Elite
#3 The One
#4 The Heir
#5 The Crown
The Selection Stories: The Prince and the Guard
Happily Ever After
Tweet
Comments