Review: SummerLost (April Pick)

So... I forgot to put up my April Pick up. Between testing (which meant covered bulletin boards) and Spring Break and then testing again... it sort of slipped my mind and now I'm playing catch up. But I just finished a wonderful book!

SummerlostSummerlost by Ally Condie


This is a sweet book about loss, friendship, and recovery. Cedar Lee's dad and brother died the year before in a tragic car accident. In a rash move, her mom buys a house in Iron Creek that they will use for summers only. There Cedar Lee meets Leo and they become fast friends. Together they are chasing the "mystery" of the death of a famous actress from Iron Creek, while working at the Summerlost festival.
This is a feel good novel by author Ally Condie, who regularly writes Science Fiction and Dystopian tales. It's a lovely tale of friendship and recovery from a tragic loss. I highly recommend this.

View all my reviews

Comments